Softball Player evaluations
This page contains information on our process for Softball Player Evaluations and League Draft.
**Player evaluations for League Age 9-12 will be held on Saturday February 4th from 9:00am - 3:00pm @ Woodinville Sports Fields**
You should receive an e-mail with a specific time slot for your player evaluation. If you do not receive an e-mail, please contact us at Woodinvillelittleleague@gmail.com
Players must provide their own softball glove and should come dressed in athletic clothes and in accordance with the weather.
- Player evaluations are required for all softball players Little League age 9 through Little League age 12 . Little League age can be determined from the Little League age chart found HERE.
- The evaluations enable us to place players in a division where they will have the most chance of success and have fun, and also help us to form more evenly balanced teams.
- 11 and 12 year olds (Players eligible for Majors) will be evaluated together and will take approximately 1 hour. 9 and 10 year olds (Players eligible for Minors) will be evaluated together and will take approximately 1 hour.
- Players should bring their gloves and, optionally, bats or batting helmets. Helmets and bats will be available for players that don't have their own. Players should be dressed appropriately for the weather. Softball cleats and pants are optional.
- If you didn't pay the registration fee when you registered, please do so now. You can pay online or send a check.
We understand that player reviews can be nerve-wracking for these young players. We will make every effort to make the process fun and feel more like a practice then a "tryout". Please help your players remember that the reviews are used to aid our coaches in selecting teams to make teams even and put players at their appropriate level. Everyone will make a team.
Why do we have player evaluations? To ensure players are placed at the appropriate level. Occasionally we have parents request a level of play for their son or daughter. Although we understand the many different reasons for the request, we encourage parents to trust this process and the value of skill evaluation. Over the years what we have discovered is in using the evaluation data for placement, the player benefits, has higher success and better overall experience.
For more details on our evaluation process click HERE
The Woodinville LL Draft is intended to create balanced/equal teams. The draft is moderated and presided over by the President, VP & Player Agent (or a Board officer in their place, as directed by the President). Draft rules are in accordance with the Little League Operating Manual, Plan B (Re-Draft -- a one part draft: managers can select a returner or a new player but all returners must be drafted).
For more details on our draft process click HERE